- you may benefit from cost sharing*
- you may alternate who is driving with your passenger
- you learn to know new colleagues and extend your network
- you learn from other departments
- you may pick up new ideas valuable for your own area
- but first and foremost: you help to protect our climate
Each company using Open CarPool may set up their own rewards system - which can vary from non-binding recommendation to a fully automated accounting and payment system.
In case you'd like to get an idea of what a fair cost share would be, check out the cost per mile/kilometer of an average car. The cost share should cover a part of it. For Germany as an excample we recommend a cost contribution between 0.1 and 0.2 €/km. According to the German Automotive Club ADAC the cost per Kilometer vary between 0.3 and 2.4 €/km, see http://www.adac.de/_mmm/pdf/autokostenuebersicht_a-d_47086.pdf. The cost/mile or km may vary from country to country depending on car and gas prices, taxes and insurances.